The ENGL Ironball Special Edition 20W tube guitar amp head is designed to act as the missing link between the analog and the digital world. Sound-wise, it was made with no compromises, so there are no semiconductors in the signal path in order to keep the sound as pure as possible.
The Ironball features two channels with boosts. The Clean channel offers chime shimmering cleans and smoothly breaks up at higher settings. Thanks to the gain boost function you can boost the channel to get nice shimmering crunch sounds out of it. The Lead channel starts where the Clean channel ends and offers a huge amount of gain and can even be boosted to make it more versatile. This channel is perfect to play any style of rock and metal.
ENGL used digital components for the MIDI system, the effects section and the impulse-response loader. The built-in power soak offers you the opportunity to play late at night or whenever higher volumes are unacceptable. It also gives you the opportunity to push the Ironball’s power amp to break up at low volumes.
Footswitch Available As Add-On
- Power: 20W (Tube)
- Attenuation to 5W, 1W or Mute
- Tubes: Four 12AX7 (Preamp); Two EL84 (Power Amp)
- Two Channels: Clean, Lead
- Single Input
- Tube-buffered FX Loop\
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, Gain Boost
- Built-in Noise Gate
- MIDI Input
- Phantom Power for MIDI Footcontroller
- IR Loading via USB
- IR Balanced Output
- Headphone Output with Level
- Impedance: 1×8-16 Ohm, 2×16 Ohm
- Dimensions: 13.38″ x 5.5″ x 8.66″ (34 x 14 x 22 cm)
Engl E212VB Cabinet
The perfect solution for a small setup! Vertical 212s are extremely popular, and for good reason. The E212VB is particularly suited to the compact Ironball, Rockmaster, and Metalmaster heads both in terms of looks and sounds. Compact in size but big in sound, the E212VB’s Celestion Vintage 30 speakers offer solid bass foundations and silky highs. The cab can be operated either in mono (120 watts) or stereo mode (2 x 60 watts). The solid housing, made of 14-ply birch plywood, is built for eternity and 100% roadworthy.
- Angled Front
- Closed Back
- Solid Siberian Birch (14 Times Folded) Construction
- Parallel Input and Thru for Daisy Chaining
- Solid Hand Welded Metal Grille
- 12” Celestion Vintage 30 120W (Mono or 2x60W (Stereo)
- 8 Ohm (Mono) or 2×16 Ohm (Stereo)
- 77.16lbs (35kg)