A tube-like overdriven amp on your pedalboard – powered by KHDK’s original circuit, the No.1 is designed in the spirit of an overdriven tube amp.
KHDK No.1 Overdrive
3 in stock
3 in stock
If you crave a powerful distortion with dynamic tube-like sound, prepare to meet your ‘can’t live without’ pedal.
Powered by KHDK’s original circuit, the No.1 is designed in the spirit of an overdriven tube amp. Turn the No.1 on and you’ll feel like you’ve switched to a powerful distortion channel on a tube amp.
The No.1’s unique feature is its double gain control
One just wasn’t enough! That’s why we built No.1 with two gain controls.
Gain one controls the first gain stage from a pure clean boost to a naturally compressing overdrive. Gain two shares one knob with the Bass control. It cleverly controls the gain and the low-end of the next gain stage, which adds rich harmonics, bottom end, and natural tube-like saturation to your tone. It’s designed as an active high-pass filter for the second gain stage and allows you to set the amount of bottom-end with precision. The result is rich, harmonic overdrive.
It’s versatile and bold: with the Gain switch on Lo, the No.1 ranges from a barely-breaking-up overdrive to a classic crunch. Set the Gain on Hi and you can take it from an aggressive, dirty rhythm tone all the way up to a beautiful lead tone.
No.1 utilizes KHDK’s original true bypass circuit using our special blend of solid state and mosfet technology. Like all KHDK pedals, No.1 is proudly crafted and quality-tested in Kentucky, USA.
• GAIN controls the unity gain of the circuit.
• VOLUME controls the overall output volume of the No. 1.
• The HI/LO switch is tied directly into the gain. The lo setting offers a warm, tube-like boost and a subtle crunchy overdrive, great for rhythm playing. The hi setting adds saturation, sustain, low end and compression. This setting is recommended for a more powerful rhythm or soloing.
• BASS controls the bass and lower mid-frequency gain. The bass is tied into the gain, making it a secondary gain control and enhancing your low end.
• TREBLE control is a passive, natural sounding low-pass filter. It cuts high end and offers a wide frequency range. Turned clockwise, it becomes raw, aggressive and cuts through. Turned counterclockwise, it cuts highs for a more mellow and warm tone.
• FOOTSWITCH engages your No. 1 to “on” or True bypass mode.
The KHDK No.1 Overdrive is powered by a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. Alternatively, plug in an external 9V DC (center negative) power supply.
• Bypass mode: True Bypass
• Dimensions: 120 x 65 x 40 mm deep (Width x Depth x Height)
• Input Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
• Output Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
• Power Input: Standard 9V Battery or 9V DC (center negative) power supply.