Much more than a precision clean boost – powered by KHDK’s original circuit, No. 2 is KHDK’s Clean Boost pedal with a dynamic responsiveness similar to a tube amp, compression-free.
KHDK No.2 Precision Clean Boost
3 in stock
3 in stock
The warm, tube-like boost was designed to enhance your sound without compression and with beautifully natural gain.
Powered by KHDK’s original circuit, No. 2 is KHDK’s Clean Boost pedal with a dynamic responsiveness similar to a tube amp, compression-free.
With four control knobs for Gain, Volume, Bass, and Treble along with a lo/hi gain mini toggle switch, No. 2 allows the organic and transparent EQ controls to fully develop your sound. It provides a warm, tube-like boost and functions as a precision tool for sculpting your tone.
Two small LEDs glow in brilliant purple when No.2 is engaged.
Bass functions as a cascaded secondary Gain control, helping shape the final sound. Treble is a low-pass filter, getting you from a super smooth sound to a pinching point.
No.2 utilizes KHDK’s original true bypass circuit using our special blend of solid state and mosfet technology.
Like all KHDK pedals, No.2 is proudly crafted and quality-tested in Kentucky, USA.
• GAIN controls the unity gain of the circuit.
• VOLUME controls the overall output volume of the No. 2.
• The HI/LO switch is tied directly into the gain. The lo setting offers a warm, tube-like boost. The hi setting adds saturation, compression and a powerful mid boost.
• BASS controls the bass and lower mid-frequency gain. The bass is tied into the gain, making it a secondary gain control enhancing lows. For boosting an overdriven tube amp, it is recommended to lower the Bass control setting for a tighter bass response. For single note soloing, turn the Bass control clockwise.
• TREBLE control is a passive low-pass filter, cutting high end and offering a wide frequency range. The setting depends on your amplifier; we recommend cutting the treble on brighter amps to achieve a warm tone.
• FOOTSWITCH engages your No. 2 to “on” or True bypass mode.
The KHDK No. 2 Clean Boost is powered by a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection
by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. Alternatively, plug in an external 9V DC (center
negative) power supply.
• Bypass mode: True Bypass
• Dimensions: 120 x 65 x 40 mm deep (Width x Depth x Height)
• Input Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
• Output Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
• Power Input: Standard 9V Battery or 9V DC (center negative) power supply.