A game changing bass overdrive – the Abyss provides a warm, tube-like boost and a subtle crunchy overdrive.
KHDK Abyss Bass Overdrive
3 in stock
3 in stock
Abyss is built for bass players who want full control over their sound.
The power of the Abyss is in its mix controls: a separate volume for your original amp tone and another for adding a powerful, overdriven tone. Unlike overdrives with a simple blend knob, the Dirty and Clean channels allow you to perfectly shape your tone, adding just the right amount of clean vs overdriven signal.
Great for rhythm playing, the Abyss provides a warm, tube-like boost and a subtle crunchy overdrive. For soloing or a more powerful rhythm, the “hi” setting adds saturation, sustain, low end and compression.
Utilizing bi-amp technology with two discrete circuits, the Abyss divides your signal down two paths. One of them stores your dynamic and color, the other adds an overdriven sound with fullness and punch. As the two circuits reconnect, the result is your original sound made more powerful, fuller and richer.
Like all KHDK pedals, the Abyss is crafted and quality-tested in Kentucky, USA.
• DIRTY controls the amount of distorted signal in your tone.
• CLEAN controls your original sound and adds only volume, changing nothing.
• TREBLE is a passive, natural sounding low-pass filter. It cuts high end and offers a wide frequency range. Turned clockwise, it becomes raw, aggressive and cuts through. Turned counterclockwise, it cuts highs for a more mellow and warm tone.
• Lo/Hi is tied directly into the gain. The lo setting offers a warm, tube-like boost and a subtle crunchy overdrive, great for rhythm playing. The hi setting adds saturation, sustain, low end and compression. This setting is recommended for a more powerful rhythm or soloing.
• GAIN sets preamp gain, affects amount of compression and sustain.
The Abyss is powered by a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. Alternatively, plug in an external 9V DC (center negative) power supply.
• Bypass mode: True Bypass
• Dimensions: 120 x 65 x 40 mm deep (Width x Depth x Height)
• Input Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
• Output Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
• Power Input: Standard 9V Battery or 9V DC (center negative) power supply.