We hand-picked 12 standout delay and reverb effects from our award winning Nemesis Delay and Ventris Dual Reverb, and put them together in one compact housing with massive power and dead simple control.
Source Audio Collider Delay+Reverb Pedal
Design complex soundscapes in seconds with the Collider Delay+Reverb. We hand-picked 12 standout delay and reverb effects from our award winning Nemesis Delay and Ventris Dual Reverb, and put them together in one compact housing with massive power and dead simple control. The Collider’s intuitive control surface makes it easy to mix-and-match any two-engine combination of delay and reverb. Dual footswitches provide individual Engage/Bypass control over each effect, making it a perfect choice for live performance.
The Collider offers an exceptional collection of rich, spacious tones, including realistic reproductions of vintage Analog, Tape, and Oil Can Delays, classic models of Spring and Plate Reverb, natural replications of large and small acoustic spaces, and an intriguing and highly musical selection of “unnatural” tones including a tripped-out Reverse Delay and an other-worldly Shimmer Reverb.
Sleek Hardware Design & Processing Muscle
“Until now, the only way to access a high-end collection of reverbs and delays was to purchase two large expensive pedals. We have broken through this barrier with Collider. Now you can have access to a collection of the best reverbs AND the best delays all in the same compact design.”
-Source Audio President Roger Smith
Collider takes supremely high-end delay and reverb effects and offers them in a sleek and powerful design with massive processing muscle and clean functionality. The Collider features two completely independent 56-bit signal processors, essentially housing a high-powered reverb AND a high-powered delay pedal in a single box. This means that it is possible to create magnificent tones with any two-effect combination of delay/reverb, delay/delay, or reverb/reverb.
This extremely versatile pedal offers a long list of useful features, including analog dry through, stereo inputs and outputs, the option of true or buffered bypass, 8 user presets (or 128 with MIDI), full MIDI functionality, delay tap tempo, reverb hold (a.k.a. “freeze”), external expression capabilities, external preset switching capabilities and extra editing and signal routing options via the Neuro Desktop and Mobile App Editors.
Neuro Editing System
The Collider Delay+Reverb is a supremely powerful pedal on its own, but the Neuro App for mobile or desktop offers a higher level of flexibility. The Neuro Desktop Editor and Neuro Mobile App are free downloads for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. Neuro offers a useful set of hardware options, alternate routing options, and an intuitive sound editing interface for creating presets. After editing your preset, burn it directly to the pedal and access it easily without reconnecting the Neuro App.
Now with two-way communication when you use a USB cable to connect your phone with the USB port on your Collider Delay+Reverb!!
Every Last Detail…
Our sound engineering team of Bob Chidlaw and Jesse Remignanti were relentless in their pursuit of perfection with each and every one of the Collider’s delay and reverb effects. Whether it’s beautifully capturing every minute detail of vintage units or bringing exceptional depth and richness to the contemporary effects, the Collider delivers excellence. Click the links below to hear dedicated knob-twisting demonstrations for each of the Collider’s twelve delay and reverb effects. And we need to give a huge thanks to our friend Ryan Lutton who created these excellent demo videos.
- Room Reverb: The ROOM engines capture the ambient reverberations of a real acoustic space. The ROOM engine can summon a variety of room sizes from a warm and intimate household room to a larger theatre sized space.
- Hall Reverb: Patterned after the lush sounds of studio rack units from the 80s, the HALL L engine is distinguished by its highly diffuse tones and glorious blooming characteristic.
- True Spring Reverb: Source Audio’s Chief Scientist, Bob Chidlaw, worked long and hard to perfectly capture the sweet idiosyncrasies of a vintage spring reverb tank. The result is an exceptionally realistic effect with the unmistakable “drip” heard in vintage spring reverb equipped amplifiers.
- Plate Reverb: This authentic sounding reverb engine is a spot-on simulation of the highly diffuse effect synonymous with vintage plate reverb units of the 50s and 60s.
- Shimmer Reverb: This pitch shifting reverb engine mixes traditional room sounds with octave-up reflections for an angelic reverb effect.
- E-Dome Reverb: The cavernous E-DOME (a.k.a. “Enormo-Dome”) produces long, lush reverb trails that linger for days. Invoke the sound of massive, arena settings with the Ventris Reverb’s largest room simulation. This one is huuuuge.
- Swell Reverb: Creates smooth, amorphous volume swells. This engine applies a volume swell effect to your instrument’s dry signal, which is then fed into the reverb effect for super-long and ambient clouds of sound. This effect is great for creating soft, atmospheric chord pads.
- Digital Delay: A pristine and unfiltered digital repeats.
- Analog Delay: This delay engine reproduces the characteristic dark sound of bucket brigade analog delays.
- Tape Delay: A detailed re-creation of classic moving-head tape delays. Repeats are bandwidth limited and have artifacts characteristic of tape delay, such as filtering, preamp saturation, noise, wow and flutter.
- Reverse Delay: A classic reverse tape sound that became popular in 60s psychedelic rock. The TONE knob can create several overlapping reversed delays that fade in and fade out regularly to create a pulsing tremolo effect.
- Oil Can Delay: This is a dark, jangly, warbling and distorted delay inspired by old oil can designs that previously appeared in the “Extended Delay Engines” on the Nemesis.
- Stereo Inputs & Outputs – Create a lush stereo spread with true stereo inputs and outputs
- Dual Processing – Features two completely independent processors – essentially providing two high-powered pedals in a single enclosure.
- Analog Dry Through – When utilizing either delay or reverb, your signal still has an analog dry through path.
- Universal Bypass – Select between true bypass, buffered bypass, or soft bypass with reverb trails. The Collider features high-quality signal relays for true bypass and transparent buffers for analog bypass.
- Compact Design – The extruded anodized aluminum housing, with its slim profile and small footprint, is built for the rigors of the road.
- 128 Presets – Save your favorite sounds with the touch of a button. Save up to 8 presets recallable with the pedal’s onboard controls, plus a total of 128 presets recallable with an external MIDI controller.
- Dual Delay or Reverb Control Set – The Neuro Mobile App and Neuro Desktop Editor provide access to “unlock” either side of the pedal, giving you access to the opposite side regardless of the switch position, meaning it is possible to use Collider as a Dual Delay pedal or a Dual Reverb pedal, and to switch the order of the effects.
- Tap Tempo – Tap in the delay time with the onboard tap tempo switch. Beat divisions include quarter notes, dotted eighth, and triplets
- Reverb “Hold” Mode – Hold or “freeze” your reverb trail by holding down the REVERB switch when reverb is engaged to create a massive, ambient wall of sound, or a pad to play on top of.
- Knobs “Lock” Switch – Flip the KNOBS switch to the center position to lock your controls in place, protecting your settings from accidental bumps in a live setting.
- Complete MIDI Functionally – Send MIDI program change (PC), continuous controller (CC), or MIDI clock messages via the 5-pin MIDI DIN Input (also includes a MIDI Thru jack) or the USB port.
- Expression Control – Easily configure the Collider to work with a variety of expression pedals and footswitches for various external control options
- Discover Knob Positions – Ever wondered where the knobs were set in another preset? With “Knobs Action After”, you can discover these knob positions by rotating the knob until you see the Control LED flash.