With the addition of 3 vital switches and the all-new transparent Master volume circuit, the new SL MkIl series delivers the complete range of classic British tones at any volume.
Suhr SL68 MkII 100W Tube Guitar Amplifier PRE-ORDER
2 in stock
2 in stock
The next step of evolution for the beloved SL Handwired series of amplifiers, we’d like to introduce the SL68 MklI & SL67 MkIl (Mark II). With the addition of 3 vital switches and the all-new transparent Master volume circuit, the new SL MkIl series delivers the complete range of classic British tones at any volume. From sparkling cleans to screaming high-gain Variac™M* style overdrive tones, the S MkII Series responds dynamically to every nuance of your playing style and instrument with just a turn of your guitar’s volume control.
- All-New Master Volume Circuit- Say goodbye to the need for external attenuators. Our redesigned Master Volume circuit empowers you with total control over your amp’s output, preserving your tones unique character, whether you’re in a bedroom jam or commanding the stage.
- Switchable ‘Fat’ Cap- One of the only tweaks found on a very famous amp John worked on in the 80’s, the Fat-Cap, adding low-end punch and bass that’s perfect when using the ‘Treble’ channel. In the original SL series, the ‘Fat’ cap was always in the circuit. This switch allows you to remove the Fat-Cap to get closer to a “true’, stock vintage amp.
- Switchable Mid Boost- Fine-tune the perfect amount of midrange boost to cut through the mix like never before. The Mid-Boost adds a touch more gain to the phase inverter and subtly elevates the tonestack, delivering an added kick to the midrange. It’s your go-to when dimeing the controls.
- 3-Way Switchable Bright Switch- Add brilliance and sparkle to your tone, making your guitar sing with clarity and presence. This switch allows you to choose between 3 different values, Off for the original SL series’ tone, ‘Full’ bright which is the stock value found in vintage amps and a middle-position that is the perfect middle ground.
- VariacTM* Mode- Allowing you to capture that unmistakable Brown Sound’ and low power crunch that defined a generation. It’s the secret weapon to nail those iconic riffs and solos, all at a low voltage settings with much more spongy with a smoother attack and has been the foundation for some of the greatest rock tones of all time.
6L6, EL34, 150W KT88